1. EXERCISE: We all want to get in shape after the holidays, but "Exercise provides a natural boost of both mood and health" too according to the American College of Sports Medicine. We all know it's true! Taking a walk or going to the gym will release endorphins into your system. To quote the great Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde", "exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy..." If you can manage to take a walk outside then you'll be combining pick-me-up #1 with #2....
2. GET SOME SUNSHINE: This can be tricky to do when it gets dark so early in the winter months. If you don't get off of work until after the sun has set, you may want to try getting natural sunlight during your lunch break. Even if you can just sit by a window and let the sunshine in on you it can have an uplifting effect on your mood.
3. START A PROJECT: This is a great way to give your mind something to focus on. It also puts you on a time schedule which will allow you to pass the winter days with a feeling of accomplishment. Projects can be small or big, depending on your ambition level. The key is to make it something you enjoy doing as well as something that will give you a sense of satisfaction when it's completed. Some great project ideas could be repainting a room in your house, organizing your photos and putting them into albums, or even planning a small dinner party! Just be sure that you keep the project manageable and not turn it into another chore or allow yourself to get overwhelmed by it. Maybe even just deciding to read a great book that you never seem to have time to do. The choices are unlimited- be creative!
4. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE COLDER WEATHER: This is one of my favorite ways to make good use of winter weather. Cooler temperatures and longer evenings and night time hours make it perfect for some extra snuggle time! Plan an evening of some finger foods and a glass of wine with your sweetie while you're snuggled up in your comfy pajamas and a warm blanket. Turn off the TV and reconnect with each other. Make it a regular date night and mix it up with some planning sessions for upcoming events such as your wedding or honeymoon! It's a perfect way to make lemonade out of the lemon that cold winter weather is.
5. ATTEND A FANCYFLIP WEDDING RESALE : We have saved the best for last! Nothing beats any kind of "blues" like a little retail therapy! PLUS what can make you feel better about shopping than saving lots of money on tons of great wedding items! That is a perfect description of what a FancyFlip wedding resale is. Whether you are newly engaged, just completing the finishing touches, or anywhere in between in your wedding planning process, our events have something to offer you. You can put together an event that looks like you spent thousands of dollars when you only spent hundreds by shopping our resales. Your budget goes so much further when you save on everything you need. Best of all, after your wedding you can recoup money you spent by renting a table and becoming a seller! If you have already had your wedding this is a great way to get some extra cash to pay off those Christmas bills, or to put some money towards a vacation! If you are shopping at one of our events that's out of town you can make a weekend getaway out of it! We host wedding resales in lots of great cities that are full of fun places to explore. Check out our list of upcoming events on our website